OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A summer internship with the North America Foodservice Sales segment of General Mills will provide you with real-world career immersion. We will position you to succeed with training, involvement in the business; balanced social/community focused activities and provide you with individual feedback sessions for your immediate and continued personal growth and development.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Your NAF career will be built through a variety of different roles and assignments, each designed to build the depth and breadth needed to transform into a future Sales leader for General Mills.
Internship: 10-week summer experience at the World Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN that includes working on real and impactful projects and close interaction with leadership teams throughout the United States.
- 1-week, enhanced intern orientation and sales training
- Foundational selling skills and product knowledge through structured curriculum and immersive field experiences
- Best in class individualized development for professional success
Types of potential projects and exposure
- Active engagement/ownership on a variety of sales division projects, each designed to build depth and breadth of understanding of our business and customers
- Utilize business dynamics and analytical tools to provide solution-based insights to sell and influence decision-makers
- Recommend core business strategies and receive hands-on experience internally and with customers
- Work on business development, product introductions, category management, pricing and analytics
- Build internal and external relationships through cross-functional projects, trade shows, mentorships, and diversity organizations
- Presentation to senior leadership at the end of your internship
Professional performance feedback
- Two performance appraisals will provide you with expectations, objectives and progress
- Internship lasts 10 weeks > May 22nd - July 28th
- Monthly salary $3,800
- Relocation assistance* & Furnished apartment with rental assistance for those who are eligible
- Full-time Business Management Associate role may be offered at the end of the internship
IS THIS YOU?
- Passion to sell/represent General Mills and our top consumer food brands
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork experience
- Strategic thinkers and problems solvers with strong communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to relocate to our world headquarters in Minneapolis, MN (or designated NAF field locations/market areas - dependent on business need). Relocation for subsequent roles is critical for progression within our Sales Division.
- US work authorization / Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Open to all majors. Business, Communications and Liberal Arts preferred
- December 2023, May 2024 graduation
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.