Why Moss Adams? Moss Adams brings more West to business. At Moss Adams, we're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. We provide the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the team
Assurance Services' industry-focused teams deliver quality audits and other services to public and privately owned middle-market companies, not-for-profit organizations and governmental agencies. Services include internal audit, employee benefit plans, outsourced accounting, contract compliance and sustainability audits.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills - Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Oversee staff on pre-audit planning and field work for engagements, reviewing client accounting and operating procedures
- Perform internal control testing and planning to support an audit opinion, including: preparing supporting work paper documentation, conducting analytical reviews of account balances and preparing financial statements
- Research technical issues that arise during the course of audit engagements
- Create draft audit reports for management review
- Assist Seniors, Managers and Partners in preparing risk assessment, audit plan programs and internal audit reports.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting or related field required
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in your state of employment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem solving, critical thinking and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and takes initiative for professional growth and development
- Outstanding organization and project management skills
- Ability to take direction, and exercise sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to travel to client locations, which may include occasional overnight stays (travel expectations vary by department and office location; talk to your local recruiter regarding specifics)
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Here, you'll be challenged and rewarded for leadership, technical excellence, and inspired perspectives. That's why we offer opportunities to build your skills and explore your career in a supportive environment. At Moss Adams, where you take your career is up to you.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.