Responsible for supporting senior and regional operations management in all aspects relating to freight services, operations and sales including invoicing, account receivable, processing, and special projects. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate national account pricing for local deliveries.
- Facilitate policy issues between field and corporate.
- Investigate contractor complaints and recommend corrective actions.
- Manage the daily upload & company collection issues.
- Coordinate national account roll-out for local businesses.
- Approve company equipment purchases.
- Review and improve claim payments that fall under the established thresh-hold.
- Audit procedures and compliance for local operations.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and clients.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities though training, and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies of the Company.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking and participation in professional organizations.
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience and completion of the LDP Program.
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Minimum three years industry experience.
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience.
Certifications and Licenses
- Valid state issued Driver's License
- Acceptable Driving Record.
- Proof of automobile insurance.
Languages and Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
- Computer literate
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- In-depth knowledge of all products and services.
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing high performance teams.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving through use of data and information metrics and improvement to performance process.
- Proficient in project management methodologies with a focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals.
- Experienced in financial management (P&L's, Balance Sheets, forecasting and budgets) to effectuate return on investment.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitates the completion of team goals.