At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
This position will be responsible for working with customers IT administrators to provide advanced assistance for monitoring, modifying, and maintaining IBMi systems for their desired acceptable availability, stability, and response time. Using product knowledge provides a high level of service to resolve customer issues and restore the customer to a fully functioning status while strengthening the customer-Jack Henry relationship. Systems include, but are not limited to IBMi hardware and software, Hardware Management Console, operating systems, EMC data domain VTL, networking, Windows Server/Win10, single sign-on/EIM active directory, and printers.
This position can be worked remotely within the United States. Must be willing to participate in an on-call rotation including nights and weekends.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Provides advanced troubleshooting in working with customers IBMi systems administrators on daily basis.
- Accurately assesses the customer's issue or problem. Asks the administrators well thought out or detailed questions and carefully listens to their response to fully comprehend the need, product issue, and best avenue for resolving their problem.
- Identifies and resolves operating system, hardware and application issues. Will assist other internal support groups with identifying problems and issues with applications installed on various servers.
- Monitors incoming cases and emails to resolve in accordance with Service Level Standards (SLS) issues for internal and external administrators. Uses available support tools to assist and/or correct the issue.
- May manage or assist in server hardware capacity and performance to assess/implement hardware needs.
- Assists in providing technical assistance and solutions for system administrators on security questions, problems and auditor vulnerability scans.
- Assists in performing technical assistance and solutions with administrator's periodic recovery testing of DR plans and implementation.
- Documents system procedures and policies and works with administrators on implementation and installation functionality.
- Provide System Administration services for customers to implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Provide installing, configuring and maintaining TCP/IP and networking on Windows/Citrix servers and IBMi Power Systems. Ability to create devices and troubleshoot.
- Participates in training programs to continuously improve product knowledge and service skills.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you'll need to have:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in IBMi Systems/Network administration including being responsible for taking data from an old system and fully restoring it to a new system.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to use Windows 10/Win 8.
- Minimum 2 years in IBMi performance, Job watcher, iDoctor, or collection services.
- Minimum 2 years of in-depth IBMi Journaling analysis performance.
- Minimum 2 years using and reading network tools such as Wire shark, Switches, Routers, or Firewalls.
What would be nice for you to have:
- IBMi certification.
- Ability to work with JHA customers with over 150 system administrators to support and maintain in-house IBMi power systems.
- Able to troubleshoot, use support tools, identify or recreate customer issues and resolve in a timely manner.
- Able to complete assigned projects and tasks in conjunction with daily responsibilities.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service as set forth by corporate policies and standards.
- Able to provide excellent communication and customer interaction skills in accordance with SLS policies and guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles.
- Expert knowledge on printer, profile, device setup and support.
- Expert knowledge on IBMi system value support, recommendations and implementation.
- Expert knowledge on Security/Vulnerability-related questions, support and implementation.
- Expert knowledge on IBM hardware installation and troubleshooting of IBM hardware. Ability to coordinate IBM hardware break/fix replacement for customer system administrators when necessary.
- Expert knowledge on IBM BRMS (Backup Recovery Media Solution)-software setup and troubleshooting for saves and restores on IBMi through BRMS.
- Expert knowledge on EMC Data Domain-virtual tape install and support.
- Expert knowledge on IBMi OS upgrades and PTF's installation and troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge on SSO/EIM setup and support on IBMi and active directory.
- Expert knowledge on Access Client Solutions support and installation.
- Expert knowledge on file transfers functionality, setup and troubleshooting through JHA's inhouse developed JHMENU Express file transfer program.
- Expert knowledge on HMC (Hardware Management Console)-setup and troubleshooting; including LPAR and system setup configuration.
- Expert knowledge on IBMi performance troubleshooting and recommendations, verification of I/O, memory and processor performance.
- Expert knowledge on SSL (Secure Socket Layer)-setup and troubleshooting to encrypt TCP/IP traffic.
- Expert knowledge on FTP-troubleshooting and setup of SSH for secure FTP transmission.
- Expert knowledge on IBM SKLM/TKLM software that is utilized for IBM tape encryption security-perform install, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge on creating and maintain documentation that is provided to customer system administrators.
- Expert knowledge on install/Configure system migrations to new IBMi hardware.
- Expert knowledge in IBM SAN setup, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Ability to perform system IBMi migrations.
- Minimum 2 years in CL/RPG Programming.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company's strength and success depends on their well-being. We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business-and our society-stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job description may be requested through the interview process at any time.AUGINDT3